- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g ground almonds
- 200 g butter, melted and cooled until tepid
- icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. In a food processor, process the chocolate until firmly chopped, but still retaining a little texture. If you dont have a processor, chop the chocolate finely with a large knife.
3. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale and thick. Fold in the processed chocolate, ground almonds and the melted butter.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
5. Spoon the chocolate mixture into a greased, lined 24cm cake tin.
6. Bake the chocolate mixture for 50-60 minutes until just firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out. Dust the surface with icing sugar before serving.
Rate This Recipe