- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tortilla chips
- 500 ml vegetable oil, for frying
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 30 g parmesan, grated
- American cups corn tortillas, or wheat tortillas, cut into 8
- 1 pinches salt
For the guacamole
- 2 medium avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coriander, or parsley, chopped
- 1 pinches fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 limes, or lemon, juice
1. For the tortillas, heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Mix the cayenne pepper with the grated cheese.
3. When the oil is hot drop in tortilla wedges, and deep fry until pale golden brown. Remove from the oil and immediately sprinkle over the cheese and simply sprinkle over a little salt.
4. For the guacamole, mash the avocado flesh, and then add the other ingredients, including salt and pepper, and lime or lemon juice to taste.
5. Spoon the guacamole into a bowl, and place a sheet of cling film on the surface, to prevent it going brown. Serve with the tortilla chips.
Rate This Recipe