- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped, or 1 tsp garlic purée
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander, or parsley
- 6 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, such as oyster, chestnut or button, sliced
- 100 g large cooked peeled prawns
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 100 g fresh bean sprouts
- sprigs coriander, or parsley, to garnish
1. Cook the noodles for 4 minutes, or according to packet instructions, then drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic, coriander or parsley, salad onion slices and chilli for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and prawns and stir-fry for a further 1 minute.
3. Stir in 120ml water, the oyster sauce, lime juice and sugar; cook briefly to heat through and reduce slightly. Stir in the noodles and bean sprouts and heat through. Garnish with a sprinkling of coriander or parsley, toss and serve. May I recommend chopsticks?
Rate This Recipe