- Serves: makes about 16 deep tartlets
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 pinches salt
- 112 g unsalted butter, chilled
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp water, approximate quantity
- 4 tbsp whole fruit strawberry jam
- a few strawberries
For the filling
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50 g freshwhite breadcrumbs
- 250 g golden syrup
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 1 lemon, grated zest
For the sauce
- 125 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp whiskey
1. For the tart base, sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre and pour in the beaten eggs. Bring the dough together, using a palette knife, and knead lightly, but firmly, into a smooth dough. You might need to add a little water to moisten. Shape into a flat round, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick on a floured board. Cut out circles, about 3cm larger than the diameter of the muffin moulds. Line non-stick muffin moulds with the pastry and leave to rest in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Spread a little strawberry jam over the bottom of each pastry mould and place a strawberry on top of the jam.
5. For the filling, mix the eggs with the breadcrumbs, syrup, treacle, and lemon zest. Pour the mixture into each prepared pastry case in the muffin moulds. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is golden and firm to the touch.
7. For the sauce, combine the yogurt, honey and whisky, and a dollop with each warm tartlet.
Rate This Recipe