- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 300 g golden syrup
- 110 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 limes, grated zest
- 1 lime, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Roll out the pastry to line a 32cm pie plate or tart ring. With a fork, lightly prick the base; then mark the edges of the pastry with the back of the fork.
3. Mix together the syrup, breadcrumbs, lime zest and juice and spoon the filling into the prepared pastry case.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the mixture is just set and the edges of the pastry are brown. Serve warm with clotted cream, ice cream or custard.
Rate This Recipe