- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 450 g exotic fruits, (mango, pineapple, passion fruit, banana), prepared
- 60 ml Malibu
- 100 ml milk
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 20 g plain flour
- sugar, for sprinkling
- lightly whipped cream, to serve
1. Place the prepared exotic fruit in a bowl. Sprinkle the coconut liqueur over the fruit and leave for half an hour.
2. In a saucepan, bring the milk, cream, and vanilla pod to the boil. Remove from direct heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and caster sugar. Whisk in the flour and salt.
4. Strain in the hot milk mixture and beat well, forming a smooth batter.
5. Butter a 23 x 25 cm ovenproof dish and sprinkle with sugar. Add the tropical fruit and pour over the batter.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and serve with lightly whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe