- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g raw tiger prawns, de-veined and shelled
- 150 g langoustines, heads on, shell off, tail on, de-veined
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 250 g shrimps, in brine drained and rinsed
- 2 mango, cut into short fine strips
- 2 paw paws, peeled and quartered
- 250 g lamb's lettuce
For the fresh citrus dressing
- 250 ml fresh orange juice
- 01 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 0 1 limes, grated zest only
- 1 tsp honey
For the coriander oil
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 3 tsp grated ginger
- 250 ml olive oil
1. First prepare the coriander oil. Place the coriander, ginger and a little of the olive oil in a blender. Blend, gradually adding the remaining olive oil, until you achieve a consistency that's to your taste. Set aside.
2. To make the citrus dressing, whisk together the orange juice, lemon rind and juice, lime rind and juice and honey.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the tiger prawns and langoustine and fry them until just opaque, adding the lemon juice, coriander and ginger. Set aside.
4. Cut the papaya quarters into 1/2cm thick, half moon-shaped slices.
5. To assemble the dish, place a small handful of the lamb's lettuce in the centre of a serving plate. Top with a teaspoon of the shrimp and a large pinch of the mango strips.
6. Take 3-4 papaya slices and place them lightly over the top of the mango. Place 3 tiger prawns around the papaya. Drizzle a teaspoon of the citrus dressing over the salad, then add a very small squirt of the coriander dressing to the centre of the salad. Garnish with 1 or 2 langoustines.
7. Repeat the process making 4 servings in all, reserving the excess citrus dressing and coriander oil for use in other dishes.
8. Serve the tropical prawn salad at once.
Rate This Recipe