- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 small trout fillets, skinned
- 1 bunch of tarragon leaves
- Juice of 1 lemons
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 rashers of streaky bacon, stretched
- 1 ciabatta bread
- 100g bag of baby salad leaves
- 2 lemon wedges, to serve
For the mustard sauce:
- 3 tbsp grain mustard
- 100 ml crème fraîche
1. To make the mustard sauce, place the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Lay four of the trout fillets on a clean work surface and cover generously with tarragon leaves. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and season with black pepper, then top with the remaining four fillets. Wrap three rashers of bacon around each pair of fillets.
3. Place the bacon-wrapped fillets on a hot griddle pan and cook, in two batches if necessary, for about 5 minutes on each side, until the bacon is crisp. Keep warm.
4. Halve the ciabatta loaf horizontally and place on the hot griddle pan to toast.
5. Top the toasted ciabatta with some crisp salad leaves and the wrapped trout fillets. Finish with a drizzle of mustard sauce, and serve with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe