- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 trout fillets, each 150g
For the sauce
- 30 g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 25 g horseradish, peeled or grated, or 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 300 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cos lettuce, shredded
1. To make the sauce, heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the shallots gently for about two minutes or until softened but not coloured.
2. Add the white wine and cook for a minute or two until almost evaporated.
3. Pour in the cream, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and bring to the boil, then simmer for two minutes.
4. Strain through a sieve, check the seasoning and add the lemon juice.
5. Add the peas and a lettuce. Leave to one side.
6. Lay the fish in a lightly oiled non-stick grill tray, skin side. Drizzled with the oil and grill for three to four minutes.
7. To serve, spoon the sauce into the centre of four warmed plates and place the cooked fish on top.
Rate This Recipe