- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hr marinating, plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch of chervil, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 trout fillets, w and finely chopped
For the sauce Gribiche:
- yolks of 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- 1 tsp gherkins, chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- squeeze of lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, to mix
- shaving of 2 jerusalem artichokes, soaked in iced water for 20 minutes
1. First combine the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, chervil and chopped shallot in a bowl.
2. Add the chopped trout and marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
3. Strain the marinated trout, pack into two ramekins lined with cling film and chill until ready to serve.
4. To make the sauce Gribiche, mash the hard-boiled egg yolks in a bowl with a fork.
5. Add in the gherkins, capers, lemon and parsley and whisk in the olive oil, forming a thick smooth sauce.
6. To make the dressing, combine the mustard, lemon juice, black pepper and olive oil.
7. Place the frissee lettuce on two serving plates. Turn out the two trout timbales on top of the frissee lettuce. Drizzle with the sauce Gribiche and the mustard dressing and finish with shavings of Jerusalem artichokes. Serve.
Rate This Recipe