- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 30 ml olive oil
- 60 g butter
- 2 whole trout, gutted and scaled
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 small handfuls spinach leaves
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 tbsp raisins
- squeeze lemon juice
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Use sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season the inside cavities of the trout and all over the skin.
2. Place the trout in the hot pan and fry for 8-10 minutes on each side.
3. Place a bed of raw baby spinach on each serving platter and lay the fish on top, leving the juices in the pan: the heat from the trout will wilt the spinach.
4. Add the garlic, raisins, pine nuts to the pan followed by a squeeze of lemon juice and heat through. Drizzle in the balsamic vinegar and then spoon the delicious sauce over the trout to finish.
Rate This Recipe