- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 50 g bone marrow, diced
- 1 large shallot, very finely chopped
- 120 g arborio risotto rice
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 fresh truffle, finely sliced
For the asparagus
- 1 bunch wild asparagus, trimmed and halved crossways
- 1 knob butter
1. Heat the chicken stock.
2. In a wide pan, sweat the bone marrow and shallot over a medium heat until the shallot is soft. Add the wine and simmer until it has evaporated. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for a few minutes to coat the rice.
3. Gradually incorporate the hot stock, adding just enough to cover the rice each time, and stirring as you let it simmer. The rice should take about 18 minutes to cook to al dente (tender but still with some bite).
4. For the wild asparagus: while the risotto is cooking, in a separate pan, sweat the asparagus in the butter until tender.
5. To finish, take the pan of risotto off the heat and fold in the butter and parmesan. Check for seasoning, then pour the risotto into a hot bowl and top with as much truffle as you can afford. Add the asparagus and serve.
Rate This Recipe