- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 600 g cannaroli risotto rice
- 500 ml dry white wine
- 2 litres hot chicken stock, preferably home-made
- 250 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 170g shop-bought truffle paste
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt all but a large knob of the butter in a large, heavy-based, high-sided frying pan or wide saucepan. Add the onion, cover and sweat for a few minutes over medium heat until soft but without letting it brown.
2. Add the rice, stirring constantly until well coated but not coloured.
3. Stir in the white wine and let it simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
4. Add a ladleful of hot stock and stir until the liquid has been absorbed. Continuing to stir constantly, add the rest of the stock a ladle at a time, only adding more when the last lot has been absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the truffle paste, Parmesan and remaining butter. Season generously and serve.
Rate This Recipe