- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g butter
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 40 g plain flour, sieved
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Beat the butter and icing sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the egg white and continue to beat until smooth. Fold in the flour.
3. Spread teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking trays and make small flat oval shapes using the back of a spoon or a spatula - leave a space between each. Bake for 4-5 minutes until golden.
4. Carefully remove each wafer from the baking sheet and press against a rolling pin to shape them. Don't force them if they're getting too crisp, simply return them to the oven for a few seconds and try again.
5. Dust with icing sugar and serve, or store in an airtight tin until required.
Rate This Recipe