- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4-5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- knob of salted butter
- 150 ml milk
- handful of chives, finely chopped
- 600 g tinned tuna, in olive oildrained
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- handful of rocket
- 8 tinned anchovies, in oil
- 3 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Boil the chopped potato in a pan of salted water until tender; drain.
2. Mash the potato, adding in the butter and milk to create a creamy texture. Stir in the chives and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Place the tuna and mayonnaise in a bowl and mash together. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Place the rocket leaves in the centre of a plate. Put a metal ring (around 8cm diameter) on top and add two tablespoons of mashed potato, forming a layer around 2cm high, pushing it down firmly.
5. Add on top, the tuna mix and then top with the remaining mashed potato.
6. Decorate the top, crossing over the pairs of anchovies.
7. Heat the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, seasoning with salt and pepper.
8. Once thickened, drizzle over and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe