- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g tinned white beans
- 200 g tinned tuna, in oil
- 2 tinned anchovies, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 black olives
- a few thyme, leaves only
- sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
1. Place the beans and tuna into a food processor and blitz until smooth, or roughly mash with a potato masher if you prefer a coarser texture.
2. Add the chopped anchovy fillets and season with black pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Whiz again.
3. Combine the olive oil, olives and thyme leaves in a bowl and use this oil to drizzle over the grilled sourdough bread.
4. Top with the tuna and white bean puree and spoon the olives and thyme on top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe