- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g piece of tuna, loin fillet
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 g parmesan shavings
- 50 g rocket
- Maldon sea salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
1. Wrap the piece of tuna tightly in some cling film so that it takes on a nice cylindrical shape. Place it in the freezer for about 3 hours until it is firm but not completely frozen.
2. Remove the tuna from the freezer, unwrap and place on a chopping board. Cut across into very thin slices using a very sharp, long-bladed knife. They should be as thin as, if not thinner than, smoked salmon.
3. Arrange about 4 slices of tuna over the base of 4 cold plates in a single layer, pressing them out slightly so that they butt up together. Drizzle over the oil and then sprinkle with a little black pepper and a few sea-salt flakes.
4. Scatter the Parmesan shavings over the tuna and pile the rocket leaves into the centre of each plate. Serve with a little fresh crusty bread.
Buy Rick Stein's Seafood
Rate This Recipe