- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- sesame oil
- 1 small loin of fresh tuna
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 mooli (white radish), shredded
- fresh coriander, chopped
- black sesame seeds, or poppy seeds
- lemon juice, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Brush the filo pastry sheets with sesame oil on both sides. Wrap the sheets around 6 cream horn tins, place on a baking sheet and bake until golden-brown, around 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
3. Meanwhile, heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot. Add in the tuna loin and sear briefly on both sides, keeping it pink in the middle. Remove from the pan and slice finely.
4. In a bowl, mix together the carrot, white radish, coriander, black sesame seeds, a dash of sesame oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt.
5. Fill the filo horns with the seared tuna and the vegetable mixture. Serve.
Rate This Recipe