- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large burger buns
- handfuls rocket
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
For the bean curd aioli
- 180 g fresh silken tofu
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the tuna
- 4 x 200 g tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. To make the bean curd aioli, place the bean curd in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the lemon juice.
2. With the motor still running, slowly add the olive oil and mix until thick and smooth. Add the garlic and check the seasoning.
3. Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side under a grill or in a griddle pan, as preferred.
4. Split the burger buns and top the bases with a tuna steak. Arrange the avocado slices on top of the tuna and top with a spoonful of the aioli and a little rocket. Pop the tops on and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe