- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 baking potato
- 1 fresh tuna steak
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 broccoli florets
- 2 small knobs butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Pierce the potato skin lightly several times with a knife and cook in the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Around this time, spear with a cocktail stick to check how tender it is - the stick will slide in and out cleanly when the potato is ready.
3. Season the tuna steak with freshly ground black pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Brush each side with olive oil.
4. 10 minutes before the potato is ready, put the fresh tuna steak onto a searingly hot griddle or frying pan. Sear both sides of the tuna steak for 3-4 minutes (Most chefs only sear the outside of the tuna steak, leaving it very pink in the middle, but many people prefer to cook it more thoroughly and children will be likely to prefer it this way)
5. Plunge the broccoli florets into a pan of lightly salted, boiling water. After 5-7 minutes, or when tender, drain the broccoli florets well and toss in a small knob of butter.
6. Serve the tuna with the broccoli and the baked potato, cut open and spread with a knob of butter.
Rate This Recipe