- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g tinned tuna, in olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 splashes white wine, vinegar
- 1 handfuls capers
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 red peppers, finely diced
- 1 green peppers, finely diced
- 1 tbsp red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls basil, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil, good quality
- 1 lemons, halved
- 1 baby handfuls salad leaves
1. Drain the tuna, reserving the olive oil from the tuna.
2. Put the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar into a bowl and drizzle in the oil from the tuna can slowly, until the mixture takes on a creamy consistency.
3. Mix together the capers, shallots and gherkins and combine with the egg yolk mixture.
4. Mix the red and green peppers with the chilli, basil, two tablespoons of olive oil and a generous squeeze of lemon juice.
5. In a pastry ring mould layer the tuna, the pepper mixture then the mayonnaise and squeeze with lemon juice. Repeat so that you have a second layer.
6. Remove the ring and finish off with the baby leaves and a drizzle of good olive oil. Serve.
Rate This Recipe