- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying and serving
- 4 tuna steaks
- black pepper
- juice of 1 lemons
For the salsa:
- a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
For the paprika potatoes:
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. First cook the paprika potatoes. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes then return to the pan, cover and shake vigorously.
3. Place the potato quarters in a roasting tray. Add enough olive oil to just coat them and a sprinkling of paprika.
4. Roast the potatoes for 40 minutes, turning now and then.
5. Meanwhile, make the coriander salsa. In a bowl, mix together the chopped coriander, spring onion, onion, chilli and garlic. Mix in the paprika, sesame seeds, sesame oil, lime juice and soy sauce, mixing well. Set aside.
6. Shortly before the potatoes have completed roasting, cook the tuna. Heat a large non-stick pan and add a little olive oil.
7. Fry the tuna steaks for a few minutes on each side. Season the fried tuna with salt and freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice and a dash of olive oil.
8. Spread the salsa on a serving plate and top with the tuna steaks. Serve at once with the paprika potatoes.
Rate This Recipe