- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g quinoa
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 5 g black mustard seeds
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 pinches ground cumin
- 1 coriander, stem
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 2 tuna steaks, each 200g
- 2 small green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 splashes light soy sauce
- 2 whole limes, juices
- 100 g kohlrabi, finely grated
- 100 ml soured cream
- 1 pinches black pepper
1. Toast the quinoa, by warming it in a dry pan, making sure that all the grains touch the surface of the pan. Set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil and fry the mustard seeds until they pop. Add onion, cook until golden. Add red chillies cumin and coriander. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the quinoa, make sure there's enough oil so each grain glistens.
4. Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Marinate the fish for a couple of hours in the green chilli, soy and lime.
6. Heat a griddle pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
7. Combine the grated kohlrabi with sour cream and season to taste.
8. Serve the quinoa topped with a piece of tuna and drizzle the sauce over.
Rate This Recipe