- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 200 g turbot fillets, skin on, off the bone
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml fish stock
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced and stalks reserved
- Knob of butter
- 1/2 lemon
- a few dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Pour the chicken and fish stock into a small saucepan with the garlic. Bring to the boil and reduce until the sauce becomes sticky, then add the mushroom stalks. While the stock is reducing, prepare the turbot.
3. Season the turbot, dot with butter and place in a roasting tray presentation side down and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until nearly cooked.
4. Squeeze with a little lemon juice and turn over using residual heat in the pan to finish the cooking as the turbot relaxes. Once relaxed remove the skin.
5. Pass the sauce through a conical sieve (removing the mushroom stalks) and bring to the boil.
6. Add the sliced mushrooms, if necessary season with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice.
7. Add a few drops of dark soy sauce and a sprinkling of chives then pour over the turbot fillet.
8. Serve with a little mashed potato and blanched green beans with a little butter and garlic.
Rate This Recipe