- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus setting time
- Effort: easy
- about 200 g cooked turkey meat
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 1 pinches mixed spice
- 100 g brie, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 handfuls Japanese panko crumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- cranberry sauce, to serve
1. Finely chop the cooked turkey in a food processor with a little salt and pepper. Add the soured cream and mixed spice and blend again to a paste.
2. Roll the turkey mixture into balls. Press one piece of cheese into the centre of each, smoothing the turkey paste around to enclose it.
3. Prepare three bowls: put the flour in one, the egg (beaten) in the second and the breadcrumbs in the third.
4. Dust each ball with flour, dip in the beaten egg then coat with breadcrumbs. If you have time, leave the prepared balls in the fridge on a plate in a single layer for 1 hour to set.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or heavy-based pan to 180C (use a thermometer to check). Do not leave the hot oil unattended.
6. Working in batches, fry the rissoles until golden brown all over, then drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with cranberry sauce for dipping.
Rate This Recipe