- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 medium turkey breast, such as Freedom Food labelled turkey
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ ripe avocados
- Juice of half a lemons
- 4 rashers of bacon, such as Freedom Food
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 slices of bread, toasted
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For the mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp French mustard
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 g stilton cheese
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
1. Place the turkey breast between two sheets of greaseproof paper or cling film and beat flat. Set aside.
2. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Peel and slice the avocado and sprinkle with a little bit of the lemon juice. Set aside.
3. For the mayonaise: Put the whole egg and mustard in a food processor. Whiz, whilst slowly adding the sunflower oil, until thick and creamy. Once all the sunflower oil has been incorporated, add the olive oil and the remaining lemon juice. Then add the Stilton, crème fraîche and seasoning. Set aside.
4. Fry the bacon until crisp, remove from the pan and keep warm. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until soft.
5. Season and cook the turkey in the sauté pan with the garlic for 3-4 minutes on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
6. Spread mayonnaise onto the slices of bread. Use 3 slices for each sandwich, layer the bread slices, with bacon and avocado on the bottom layer and turkey and tomatoes on the top layer. Season each layer to taste and add a sprinkling of parsley. Secure with a skewer and serve.
Rate This Recipe