- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- 500 g turkey escalope, (about 8)
- 6 herby sausages
- 50 g pitted black olives
- 150 g ball mozzarella, diced
- small handful fresh basil
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 4. Lay a large piece of foil on your worktop and lightly brush with olive oil. Arrange the bacon side by side along the
2. Place the escalopes between two pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten slightly. Then arrange down the centre of the bacon slightly overlapping them.
3. Remove the skin from the sausages and spread in a thin layer over the turkey to cover. Scatter on the olives, mozzarella, basil leaves and pepper. Tuck the bacon over along the short ends and then roll up tightly like a swiss roll. Wrap tightly in foil and twist the ends of the foil to seal completely.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and tip any juices into a small dish. Add the honey to the meat juices and brush over the bacon.
Return the meat to the oven for 15 minutes until the bacon is crisp and golden.
5. Slice and serve with tagliatelle tossed with four cheese sauce, scattered with
fresh basil leaves.
Provided by: www.britishturkey.co.uk/
Rate This Recipe