- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large red pepper, thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g lean minced turkey
- 1 egg white
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp mild smoked paprika
- black pepper
- 150 ml red wine
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 180 g fresh cranberries
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- soured cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. In a large roasting pan, toss the onions and red pepper with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the turkey mince, egg white, garlic and paprika in a large bowl, season well and mix together. Divide the mixture into eight portions and use wet hands to mould each portion into a 7-8cm sausage shape. Thread two sausage shapes onto each of four metal skewers, lengthways, and place on a non-stick baking tray.
4. Drizzle the koftas with the remaining olive oil and roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked through.
5. While the koftas are cooking, place the wine and cranberry sauce in a bowl and mix. Remove the onions and peppers from the oven, scatter with the fresh cranberries and pour over the wine and cranberry sauce mix. Return to the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until bubbling hot.
6. Transfer the koftas to four warmed serving plates and divide the cranberry chutney between them. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with a side dish of sour cream.
Rate This Recipe