- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight standing
- Effort: medium
For the confit
- 4 tbsp salt
- 2x280 g legs turkey
- 600 ml goose fat
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into rounds
- 25 g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100 g spinach leaves, picked
- freshly grated nutmeg
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
1. For the confit: rub the turkey legs with the salt and leave overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 120C/gas ½.
3. Wash the salt off the turkey legs, pat dry and place in a baking dish with most of the goose fat. Cook in the oven for 2 hours.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Cool the turkey slightly, then remove from the fat, remove any bones and tendons and place on a baking tray. Grill until crisp and golden.
6. Heat the remaining goose fat in a frying pan and gently cook the potatoes until golden and cooked through.
7. Heat the butter and gently cook the garlic and shallot together until softened; add the spinach and cook for a few seconds until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
8. To serve: arrange the potatoes and spinach on a plate and top with the turkey leg confit. Mix together the vinegar, oil and chives and drizzle over the top
Rate This Recipe