- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes plus resting time
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g pine kernels, or almonds
- 150 g coarse bulgur wheat
- 1 kg turkey breasts, cubed, or turkey mince
- 60 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped, or more to taste
- 350 g shallots, or onion, roughly chopped
- grated zest of 1 oranges
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- olive oil, for greasing
- salt and black pepper
1. Place the bulgur wheat in a mixing bowl, cover with tap water and set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, place the pine kernels or almonds in a dry frying pan and toast them over a moderate heat, stirring constantly, until they are lightly golden and fragrant.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Put the cubed turkey breast in a food processor, add the toasted nuts, coriander, shallots or onion, orange zest and cinnamon. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper and process to give a coarse paste.
3. Drain the soaked bulgur in a sieve, pressing out as much water as possible, and add the bulgur to the food processor. Whiz again until thoroughly combined.
4. Lightly grease a loaf tin with oil and press the turkey mixture into it. Brush the top of the loaf lightly with oil too, then place in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes - 1 hour 30 minutes, or until done.
5. Remove the loaf from the oven and leave it to rest in the tin in a warm place for 15 minutes before turning it out and carving it into slices.
Rate This Recipe