- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 x 200 g turkey breasts, diced
- 180 g Carnaroli risotto rice
- 125 ml white wine
- 700 ml hot chicken stock
- 40 g butter
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skins and seeds removed
- 140 g grated parmesan
For the salad
- 1 bunches rocket
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick saucepan and soften the shallots and garlic for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the diced turkey to the pan and fry briskly for about 1 minute.
3. Scatter over the rice and stir well, over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the white wine and cook for a further minute.
5. Gradually pour in the hot stock, a little at a time, until the rice is creamy and moist. Cook, stirring continuously, for 12-15 minutes, adding a little more stock if it looks too dry. The rice should still have a hint of a bite.
6. Stir in the cold butter and add the chopped spring onions along with the tomatoes. Sprinkle over about 40g of the Parmesan cheese and remove the pan from the heat.
7. For the garnish; preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Take the remaining Parmesan cheese and shape into 3 circles by packing the cheese inside a 4cm round cutter - it should resemble thin flat discs.
8. Place the discs on a baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and golden.
9. Remove the discs from the oven. Using a spatula, pick up the hot cheese and lay it over a rolling pin so that it sets in a curved shape. Leave to cool for about 3 minutes.
10. For the rocket salad; tip the rocket leaves into a mixing bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss lightly to combine everything together.
11. Place the turkey risotto in the centre of a serving bowl, and cover with a small heap of salad. Garnish with the set Parmesan crisps and serve.
Rate This Recipe