- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 red peppers, cored, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 orange peppers, cored, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 pieces ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 125 g baby sweetcorn, halved
- 125 g mangetout, ends trimmed and halved diagonally
- 2 stalks spring onions, root and top removed, chopped
- 1 tins bamboo shoots, brine drained
- 100 g dried medium egg noodles
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp rice wine, or use a medium-dry sherry
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g cubed or diced left-over cooked pieces of turkey
- 500 g cashew nuts
- 8 stalks chives, to serve
1. Put the peppers, ginger, sweetcorn, mangetout, spring onions and bamboo shoots in separate bowls.
2. Put the noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Leave to soak for a few minutes until tender. Drain the noodles into a colander and rinse with cold running water to prevent them from sticking together.
3. Whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine and honey in a small bowl.
4. Put a wok on the hob and spoon in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Heat for about 1 minute until a faint smoky blue haze emits from the wok.
5. Tip the peppers into the wok, the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, the ginger and then the sweetcorn. Mix well and continue stir-frying for about 4 minutes.
6. Stir in the soy sauce mixture, then add the mangetout and bamboo shoots and continue to stir-fry.
7. Add the noodles to the wok, along with the turkey and nuts. Stir-fry until heated through and mixed in. Add the spring onions to the wok.
8. Serve at once in warm bowls with extra soy sauce. Lay two chive stalks on top of each bowl to serve.
Rate This Recipe