- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 turkey, paves or steaks, cut from the breast
- 1 tbsp cranberry jelly
- 1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 green apple
- 110 g ripe brie, diced
- pinch fresh thyme
- plain flour, for dusting
- olive oil, for frying
- 400baby g leeks
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Make a horizontal slit in one side of the turkey paves to form a little pocket to fit the stuffing.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cranberry jelly with the sherry vinegar and add the apple, brie and thyme, mixing well. Stuff the mixture into the pockets in the turkey. Close the hole and secure with a cocktail stick.
3. Dust the turkey in seasoned flour. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and brown the turkey over a moderate heat, turning once. Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, take half of one leek and cut it into fine matchsticks. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the leek julienne for 2 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
5. Cook the remainder of the baby leeks in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, until they are soft when tested with the point of a knife.
6. To serve, place a stack of baby leeks in the centre of each plate and cover with the stuffed turkey. Top with the crispy leeks are serve.
Rate This Recipe