- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 725 ml double cream
- 50 ml rose essence
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds reserved and pith removed
- 2 cm preserved stem ginger, finely chopped
- 250 g turkish delight, diced
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 1 packets pashmak, (Iranian Fairy Floss)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat the cream with the rosewater and vanilla pod.
3. Whisk the yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
4. Mix together pomegranate seeds, ginger and Turkish delight and divide between ramekins.
5. Pour the hot cream onto the egg mix while whisking and then pass through a sieve into a jug.
6. Place ramekins in a baking tin lined with a cloth, fill each with the mix. Pour enough hot water into the baking tin to cover the ramekins by three quarters. Cover with foil and carefully transfer to the oven to cook for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, leave to cool, then refrigerate until set (about 2 hours).
8. To serve, sprinkle with demerara sugar and caramelise with a blow torch, then top with Pashmak -Iranian Fairy Floss.
Rate This Recipe