- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 4 peppers, in a mixture of colours, coarsely chopped
- 2 green chillies, halved, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cans tomatoes, in thick juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, flat-leaf parsley or mint (or a combination)
- 4 eggs
For the yogurt sauce
- 8 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- chilli powder
- feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
1. For the yogurt sauce: combine the yogurt with the crushed garlic and set aside while you cook the pepper mixture.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions, peppers and chilli together over a medium to high heat until the onions have a good golden colour.
3. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until the peppers are soft, like a ratatouille, and the mixture is not too runny.
4. Stir in your chosen herbs.
5. Break the eggs onto the top of the pepper mixture and let them cook over a medium heat until they are set but the yolks are still runny. The mixture underneath will become thicker as the eggs cook.
6. To serve, sprinkle the eggs with a little salt and pepper, add a drizzle of olive oil and the ground chilli or cayenne. Scatter over the feta if youre using it and accompany with the yogurt sauce and flatbread on the side.
Rate This Recipe