- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: plus 1 hr marinating time
- Effort: medium
For the marinade
- 500 ml olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, squashed
- 10 sage leaves
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, chopped
For the rabbit
- 1 litre water
- 1 litre white wine vinegar
- 1 litre white wine
- 1 tbsp salt
- 300 g rabbit saddle and leg, chopped into large chunks
For the salad
- 300 g bulgur wheat
- 150 g fresh broad beans
- 150 g fresh cannellini beans, lightly cooked
- 150 g fresh borlotti beans
- 150 g fresh peas, lightly cooked
- 1 cucumber, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 lemon, juice only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients and leave on one side.
2. In a large saucepan heat the water, vinegar and wine. Add the
salt and rabbit and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35
3. Remove the rabbit and discard any bones. Place the meat in the
marinade and leave for about 1 hour.
4. Place the bulgar wheat in a large saucepan and cover with 1
litre of water. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the wheat is tender,
but still with bite. Drain and leave to cool. While the bulgar wheat is
simmering, cook the vegetables.
5. Add the broad beans, cannelloni beans, borlotti beans and peas
to a large saucepan of boiling, salted water. Cook until tender (about
3-5 minutes) and drain well.
6. Stir in the beans, peas, sliced cucumber and the lemon juice.
Season to taste and serve straight away with the rabbit.
Rate This Recipe