- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus up to 12 hours marinating
- Effort: easy
For the chicken
- chicken breasts
- 500 ml olive oil
- 10 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
For the roasted artichokes
- globe artichokes, boiled for 20 mins until soft
- 01 lemons, juice only
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
1. For the chicken: combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Put the chicken breasts in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for up to 12 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Heat a BBQ, grill or griddle pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. For the roasted artichokes: first, prepare the artichokes. Snap off the stalk and cut the pointed tips of the leaves with scissors, then prise open any leaves from the top of the artichoke. You will come to the hairy choke (heart). Cut away the heat and scoop out any fibres with a teaspoon.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Slice the cooked artichokes into quarters and place on a baking tray. Drizzle over the lemon juice and a dash of olive oil. Sprinkle the chopped thyme and salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 10 minutes. Serve the artichokes with the grilled chicken.
Rate This Recipe