- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 175 g caster sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 ugli fruit
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 300 ml double cream
1. Whisk the egg yolks together with half of the sugar and the citrus zests, until thick and creamy.
2. Strain the ugli fruit juice and lime juice into a small saucepan and heat gently. Pour onto the thickened yolk mixture and whisk again.
3. Whip the double cream. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and whisk in the rest of the sugar.
4. Gently fold the whipped cream and egg white mixture into the yolk mixture.
5. Freeze in an icecream machine according to manufacturer's instructions, or alternatively, place into a freezer proof container and freeze overnight.
Rate This Recipe