- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 sticks celery
- 200 g fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 chicken legs
- 250 g cooked chickpeas
- 4 tbsp blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 pint water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the vegetables and garlic until softened. Add the chicken legs and continue cooking until they are golden brown.
2. Stir in the chick peas and the almonds.
3. Pour in the stock, water and bay leaf and simmer covered for 2 hours.
4. Remove the legs and take off the skin. Shred the meat and return it to the pan.
5. Cut two slices from the ciabatta, break them into small pieces and add to the soup to thicken it.
6. Stir in the parsley and season to taste. Serve immediately, with the remaining ciabatta, toasted, cut into slices and rubbed with garlic.
Rate This Recipe