- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g British queen potatoes, from Carroll's heritage potatoes
- 125 ml milk
- 125 g butter, cut in chunks, plus extra for serving
1. Boil the whole potatoes in their skins in a large pan of lightly salted water until tender, about 30-40 minutes (timing depends on their size). Drain in a colander, cool slightly then peel off the skins.
2. Put the potatoes back in the saucepan. Cover them with a clean towel, then the lid and put them back on a very low heat for a couple of minutes to dry out a bit ' this gives a better mash. Meanwhile, bring the milk to the boil in small pan (or use the microwave).
3. Mash the potatoes with the butter until there are no lumps left. Gradually beat the hot milk into the mashed potatoes with a wooden spoon to make the potatoes fluffy. Season well with salt and pepper. Make a hollow in the centre of each serving and add an extra knob of butter.
Rate This Recipe