- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kg potatoes, preferably maris piper, peeled and halved
- 8 tbsp duck fat
- 5 tbsp polenta
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Par-boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, or until slightly tender when tested with a knife. Drain well, return to the pan and cover with the lid. Shake the pan fairly vigorously to roughen the outsides of the potatoes.
3. Spoon the duck fat into a large roasting tin and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until the fat is hot and melted.
4. Sprinkle the polenta over the potatoes and toss to coat (this will make them extra crisp). Carefully tip the polenta-coated potatoes into the roasting tin and turn gently to coat in the hot duck fat.
5. Roast for 45 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
Rate This Recipe