- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- handful of button mushrooms, sliced
- 600g canned Italian chopped tomatoes
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 mozzarella
- 8 slices of Parma ham
- toasted ciabatta bread, with olivesto serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a 30cm frying pan. Add in the onion and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until golden, stirring now and then.
2. Add in the tomatoes, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for around 10 minutes, until some of the water from the tomatoes has evaporated.
3. Break the eggs into the tomatoes making sure that they are separated from each other.
4. As the eggs are cooking, roughly tear the mozzarella into the pan.
5. Once the eggs are ready (retaining runny yolks), scoop out 1 egg and place it on a warm serving plate with some of the tomato sauce around it.
6. Place 2 slices of Parma ham around the egg and serve immediately with toasted ciabatta bread with olives.
Rate This Recipe