- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 280 g butter
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 250 g plain flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 150 g orange marmalade
- 30 g demerara sugar
- 2 peaches, skinned and sliced
- calvados, for drizzling
1. In a large mixing bowl cream 250g of the butter and the granulated sugar together with a wooden spoon until well blended.
2. Add in the eggs, one by one, mixing well with each addition.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and lightly fold into the egg mixture.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
5. In a 25cm ovenproof saucepan, heat together the marmalade, Demerara sugar and remaining butter over a low heat.
6. Once the sugar has dissolved, add in the cake mixture and spread around the saucepan.
7. Place the saucepan in the oven and bake it for 25 minutes until risen and set.
8. To serve, turn the cake out onto a serving plate, top with the sliced peaches and drizzle with Calvados.
Rate This Recipe