- Serves: Makes about 15
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 15 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g butter, at room temperature
- 75 g caster sugar
- 225 g plain flour
- icing sugar
- edible glitter
- sugar roses
1. Dice the butter into a big bowl. Tip in the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Gently rub in the butter with your fingertips and bring the dough together into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 170Cgas 4.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll to about ½ cm thick. Cut out heart shapes with a biscuit cutter and lay on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-25 minutes, until light golden. Leave to cool on a rack.
4. To decorate the biscuits, mix together few tablespoons of icing sugar with enough water to make a paste. Spread the icing onto the biscuits, or drizzle over in lattice patterns. You can then dip the biscuits into edible glitter, or use a little icing to glue on sugar roses. Leave to set before eating.
Rate This Recipe