- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 cm blind-baked shortcrust pastry tart cases
- 50 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, melted
For the filling
- 225 g caster sugar
- 225 g butter
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 2 bananas
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 vanilla pods
- 100 g mascarpone
- 2 punnet strawberries
For the syrup
- 100 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- 4 passion fruit
1. Brush the pastry case with melted chocolate and leave on one side to set.
2. Bring the butter, sugar, lemon juice and banana puree to the boil. Pour the hot liquid onto the egg yolks and whisk until pale.
3. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla, reserving the pods for the syrup. Add the seeds to the mixture and whisk over a pan of simmering water until thickened.
4. Leave to cool before folding in the mascarpone cheese.
5. Fill this mousse-like mixture into the pastry case, and arrange the strawberries on top.
6. For the syrup, dissolve the sugar in the water, and bring to the boil. Remove the pulp from the passion fruit and add to the pan with the vanilla pods. Leave to infuse for half an hour.
7. Serve the tart with the syrup, and accompany with vanilla ice cream. You can also decorate this flan with delicate biscuits.
Rate This Recipe