- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter, diced
- 740 g full-fat cream cheese, such as Philadelphia
- 225 g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 vanilla pods, seeds only
- few drops vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 240 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 20-24cm round, springform cake tin. Break the biscuits into a blender and process to a crumbs. Melt the butter in a small pan and mix with the biscuit crumbs.
2. Tip the mixture into the cake tin and press firmly over the base to make an even 1cm thick layer. Chill for about 30 minutes.
3. Using an electric mixer on its slowest setting, combine the cheese, sugar, cornflour, vanilla seeds and extract until smooth and thick. Add the eggs and cream and continue to mix until very thick.
4. Spoon into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 45 minutes or until set in the centre, then increase the oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6 for 10 minutes to brown the top. Remove from the oven and leave until cold, then chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe