- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g unrefined caster sugar
- 300 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp liquid glucose
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
1. Place the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl and whisk until pale and thick.
2. Pour the milk, cream, and liquid glucose into a saucepan with the vanilla pod and bring to the boil.
3. Pour the milk mixture slowly onto the egg and sugar mixture, whisking continuously, until smooth
4. Return the mixture to a clean pan and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Take care not to let the mixture boil.
5. Remove from the heat and cover with cling film, to prevent a skin forming. Puncture a hole in the film and leave the custard to cool.
6. Remove the vanilla pod and churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. Transfer to the freezer until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe