- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus setting time
- Effort: easy
- 150 g mascarpone
- 100 g cream cheese
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 250 ml double cream
- 125 g plain yogurt
- 75 ml vanilla vodka
- 200 g kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 1 sprig mint
1. A few hours in advance of making, thoroughly chill the bowl and blade of a food processor.
2. Blend together the mascarpone, cream cheese, caster sugar, lime zest and vanilla seeds to give a smooth paste. Add the lime juice, double cream and yogurt and blend again to incorporate.
3. Line the moulds with wet muslin. Spoon the mousse mixture into the moulds, smoothing over the surface. Chill for 8 hours to set.
4. When almost ready to serve, warm the vodka with a pinch of sugar in a small saucepan. When hot but not boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped kiwi fruit, allowing it to soften.
5. Spoon the kiwi into the centre of four serving plates. Lift the mousse from the moulds using the muslin cloth to help you and turn out on top of the kiwi fruit. Garnish with the mint leaves, then drizzle the flavoured vodka around the plates and serve.
Rate This Recipe