- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 6 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 250 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split
For the chocolate sauce
- 300 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 45 g unsalted butter
- 50 ml espresso coffee
For the nougatines
- 100 g blanched flaked almonds
- 200 g caster sugar
- 50 ml water
1. Soak the gelatine in milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Combine the cream, crème fraîche and sugar in a saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the cream mixture. Bring everything to a simmer, but don't let it boil.
3. Take the pan off the heat and add the soaked gelatine and milk. Stir well to dissolve the gelatine and strain through a very fine sieve. Divide the cream mixture between 4 slightly damp china cups. Chill for at least 6 hours. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
4. To make the chocolate sauce, put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until melted, before adding the espresso coffee. Leave on one side to cool.
5. For the nougatines; toast the almonds in a hot oven for about 5 minutes, until golden. Dissolve the sugar in the water and boil
until it becomes a light caramel. Add the almonds and bring the pan back to the heat. Cook for a minute before pouring onto a lightly oiled baking tray. Leave to cool slightly before cutting into fancy shapes.
6. To serve; turn out the panna cottas, pour around the sauce and scatter with the caramel and nut shapes.
Rate This Recipe