- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the soufflés
- 2 vanilla pods
- 185 ml milk
- 25 g butter
- 25 g caster sugar
- 25 g flour
- 4 eggs, separated
For the sauce
- cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp kirsch
- 100 g sugar
- 450 g raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Lightly butter and sugar 4 dariole moulds. Carefully cut the vanilla pods in half along their length and scrape out the seeds.
2. Place the seed and pod in a saucepan with the milk and bring to the boil.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and flour together.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, take out the vanilla pods and add the flour mixture, whisking continuously until smooth.
5. Return the mixture to the heat and cook until very thick.
6. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
7. Add the egg yolks, one at a time and stir until fully incorporated.
8. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold the egg whites into the custard mixture.
9. Spoon the mixture into the dariole moulds and set the moulds in a roasting tin filled with enough water to come half way up the sides of the moulds.
10. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until risen and golden.
11. Meanwhile, split open the cardamom pod and crush 2 of the seeds. Place them into a saucepan with the water, Kirsch, sugar and half of the raspberries.
12. Bring the mixture to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, until the raspberries are soft and mushy.
13. Pass the mixture through a sieve and into a clean pan. Cook for 5 minutes or so, until syrupy. Remove from the heat and add the remaining raspberries.
14. To serve, turn the puddings out and pour the raspberry sauce over and around the soufflés.
Rate This Recipe